About Señora K

I am a language lover who teaches Spanish to middle school students at Quest Academy in Palatine, Illinois.  I love my students, my co-workers and my school. I teach using the Comprehensible Input method. I aim to spend class time giving my students rich and amusing language that they enjoy and acquire. My classes are also gamified for a touch of spirited competition and excitement. We tell stories, we play games, we write, we read and we laugh . . . all in Spanish! We have a GOOD TIME in Spanish class. We are livin’ LA VIDA LOCA!

mi pintador 

Left: This is one of my favorite pictures of my stay in San Isidro de Herédia in Costa Rica. This student painted the Costa Rican flag on my cheek before one of their exciting World Cup matches.

Right: Quest Academy Class of 2018 at Volcán Arenal in Costa Rica on our school trip.

3 responses on About Señora K

1. I don’t think we have a awesome time in Spanish. I think we have a funkadoodle time. Funkadoodle is my coined term for so fun and crazy, that it is hard to believe we are learning so much! Thanks Señora Ka!